Aleson ITC can help your company with this change without your business being affected.
Reasons to update your platform
Get ready for the end of support of SQL Server 2008/R2 and Windows Server 2008/R2
As of July 9, 2019, Microsoft will no longer support servers that still have the 2008 and 2008 R2 versions of SQL Server, and as of January 14, 2020, Windows Server 2008/R2 support will also finish.
How does it affect our company to continue in SQL Server 2008/R2?
- Microsoft will NOT address incidents on these platforms, although the contract remains in force.
- Microsoft will NOT post security patches or updates for these platforms.
- By NOT having access to updates, companies will be exposed to new exploits and great risks of data loss.
- SQL Server 2008/R2 does NOT meet the requirements of the GDPR or other international data protection systems.
- By not meeting the requirements of the GDPR, the company could face fines of up to € 400,000.
- Reduction of the TCO (Total Cost Ownership), double the level of operation. By using less hardware resources we can reuse the release of those resources for other purposes.
- Performance improvement: New SQL Server engines achieve higher performance dues with the use of fewer resources and new features such as in-memory data.
- Scalability: The new versions allow integration with big data systems and support hybrid implementations with the cloud.
- GDPR Compliance: Avoid data leakage and theft, through the creation of techniques on SQL Server to comply with regulations.
- Microsoft will help customers in their updates or migrations to the cloud and will offer their support for the solution of possible problems.
Options that we offer
On the cloud
- Rehost your SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 with few or no application code changes in Azure SQL Database Managed Instance for a “version-free” platform.
- Or, move to Azure Virtual Machines to get three years of Extended Security Updates at no additional charge and upgrade to a newer version when ready.
- Use existing licenses and save up to 55 percent with Azure Hybrid Benefit.
- Upgrade to SQL Server 2017.
- GDPR compliance.
- Improved data security both at rest, in transit and in use.
- Possibility to operation under Linux and Dockers.
- Use of artificial intelligence to adapt query processing, which implies a substantial improvement in performance.
- To stay protected after the deadline, purchase up to three years of Extended Security Updates while you upgrade.
Can we help you to update?
Call us at +34 962 681 242 or leave us your name and email and we will contact you .