If you want to develop an App, with Mobile Marketing you can succeed 📲
As we already know, the use of mobile devices has grown in recent years to the point of being an essential object in the daily life of each person. For this reason, it’s so important that our Brand is well positioned in addition to the web, on mobile devices.
There are many ways to develop what we call Mobile Marketing, but in today’s post we are going to talk specifically about Mobile Marketing through Apps. We are going to see what are the most relevant aspects that we must take into account when developing this type of strategy.
First of all, we must know what are the type of Apps that we can choose for our Plan:
- Native App: type of Apps programmed so that they can be run under an Operating System (iOS, Android …). They are developed in the programming language of each operating system, so they carry a higher cost.
- Web App: It runs directly in the browser of the terminal itself. It is the simplest and cheapest but it is the one with the worst user experience.
- Chatbots: that we have with the users where they can intelligently answer more or less limited questions.
Between this 4 options, wich one is the best strategy for a Mobile Marketing campaign?
It depends on several dimensions, if we pay attention to the effort, the most expensive to carry out are the Native Apps but at the same time, one of the first demands of users is Speed, and this type of App is the one that entails greater performance.
On the other hand, if we want to avoid being intrusive or have a heavy weight on mobile phones, then the most suitable would be the Hybrid or the Web App.
And finally, if we want to innovate or give a new support from a commercial point of view, the best option is the Chatbot.
For the good planning of a strategy, we are going to order the steps.
1. Definition of Objectives
Before starting with the development of the App and knowing the types there are, we must establish what our objective will be:
- Commercial Promotion
- Direct Sale of Products or Services
- App as a commercial product for the end customer
2.Definition of the Main Features
Once the objective is defined, it’s necessary to analyze the characteristic you wish the app may have. With the funcion of being competitive advantages over other options in the market.
These distinctive features are key to success and can be:
- Functionality: analysis of the added value that will be provided to the user within the app (education, entertainment …)
- Innovation: always add distinctive value.
- Use Case or Situation: it must be designed according to the circumstance of use.
- Long Term Use Capability: an app that is used only once and then removed is only a cost.
- Need: if users need an app for their day to day, it will surely turn out to be a Top Sales.
- Free: To give visibility to the app, it is worth creating a free version with advertising that invites you to buy the paid version
- Price: it’s the fundamental factor of the purchase, but sometimes, it must be borne in mind that a price that is too low encourages us to think that it is a low-quality app.
- Simplicity: Users like simple and aesthetic apps.
- Connectivity: it was good for us to talk about our app on their social networks, so I recommend adding a Like button or directly the option to post a Tweet.
- Wide Payment Capacity: it is easy to pay through the app.
3. Usability and User Experience
Next we are going to talk about what will be the key success factors regarding Usability and User Experience (UX), these are concepts closely related to each other.
- User Experience: this part encompasses factors related to user interaction with an environment or device. It should be a positive experience, so that the user takes a memorable memory of the app.
- User Interface: it is the means of interaction with which the user can communicate with their equipment.
- Usability: it’s a quality of the device that allows you to do your tasks easily and comfortably. At this point we will include as key points the following: the speed of loading and response, the display adapted to the device, the static, minimalist and intuitive design, the simple and linear navigation and the assistance or help that the support of the app.
4. Implementation and Development
Once we have defined the above concepts in the strategy, we can start with the Development and Implementation of the App.
It’s time to decide which terminals we will go to. It is recommended to launch it first on iOS and, once tested, expand to the rest of the Operating Systems.
The development implemented, initially, must be basic. In this way, we test and we can gradually incorporate functionalities as our app gets acceptance, also, in this way, we make sure to update and that it is not a static app.
Finally, we reached the Promotion Phase of the App. Once the App is already in the stores, how do we promote it?
These are the main factors that we should know:
- Rating: This are essential for many potential buyers: nobody buys an app without knowing if they will like it.
- Innovation: it must be adapted to the latest mobile models.
- Adaptation: It is recommended to make changes to the app from time to time, offer news to the user and make it a live product.
- Promotion outside Stores: through our website, social media strategy, use of download codes in our advertising …
After the promotion of the App, as in all Marketing strategies, we reach the Monitoring Strategy Phase. The indicators for monitoring the success of an app must be aligned with the established business objectives. Among them we find:
- Number of App downloads
- Traffic Sources
- Interaction Reports
- User Behavior
- App Purchases
- Time in- app
- Interval between sessions
And this is everything you must take into account from a Marketing perspective, so that your App achieves the Success you desire.
I hope it has been helpful and if you want to be a Master in Digital Marketing do not hesitate to read my last post about Inbound Marketing.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or call + 34 962 681 242
Marketing and Communications Specialist. International Trade, Business Management, SEO, PPC.